Thursday, February 28, 2008

ToMayto, ToMahto, Apple?

In which I prove that the apple truly doesn't fall too far from the tree. Or was that a tomato?

The boys brought home their report cards today and they both made straight As. Well, Seven made straight Es, which is the primary grades' equivalent of an A. So, I took them to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, because I feel it's important to reward them with food and set them up for eating issues when they're older. Hey, it worked for my mom! Which might explain why I'm on a diet. Again.


They had the Awesome Awards ceremony at school today. Ten received certificates for Perfect Attendance and Academic Excellence. Seven got one for Academic Excellence
but he left it at school. (He was sick one day last grading period, so no Perfect Attendance.) He was so funny in the car because he told us that he didn't think he had Academic Excellence (just like last time). I assured him that all Es means Academic Excellence, but he said that his certificate was different this time because it didn't have "those tomatoes on it." I had no idea what he was talking about until Ten said, "Dude, I think those are supposed to be apples."

Anyway, here are the super smart little darlings with their report cards and Ten's apple certificate....

No comments: