Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm so grateful

...for the nice mommy in the car rider line behind me today who got out of her car and walked up to my window to ask me, "Did you know that your back tire is almost totally flat?" Which I, being an idiot, did not know. I got out and looked at it and, yep, almost squished.

I'm grateful that I made it through the car rider line and was able to drive to the gas station without incident. I'm grateful that I just happened to have three quarters in my wallet. (Anybody remember when air was FREE?) I'm grateful that the moron pulling the boat on a trailer who was parked RIGHT FREAKIN' IN FRONT OF the air pump finally moved his big arse out of my way before I had to kill him in front of my children on a day set aside to celebrate love.

Deeeeeeeeep breath.

I'm grateful that, after two unsuccessful attempts, the girl who made a 4.0 in graduate school finally figured out how to put air in her tires. And, more than all of that, I'm grateful that I'm married so that when my husband gets home he can re-check all the tires for me and make sure I did it right.

And I don't care how un-P.C. that is!

No comments: