I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and raced to the TV, just SURE that today the universe would finally provide my much-needed paid day off. And it happened! I had to watch all three local channels list my county in the school closings before I believed it. Then I was far too excited to go back to sleep. I immediately started making a list of all the things I hope to accomplish today while getting paid for it:
- clean the kitchen (including mopping the floor--which I usually skip)
- help the boys bake cookies for their class Valentine's parties
- re-clean the kitchen after they "help" too much
- catch up on all the laundry
- color my hair
- cook a pot roast in the crock pot
- get a head start on next week's homework for my grad class
- strip the beds and wash the sheets
- finish the book I'm reading and start another one
- finish the audio book I'm listening to and start another one
- and, if there's any time left, find a cure for cancer
- and create peace in the Middle East.
Or, as the weather forecasters call it, The White Stuff.