Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is it really an animal if it starts with "Mc"?

Conversation in the car this morning on the way to school:

Me: Boys, please notice that my car is really clean. I cleaned it out on Friday and I really, really want it to stay that way.
Ten: Well, mom, nobody said you couldn't dream.

I wonder where he gets that sarcasm from? Must be from his daddy.

Conversation in the car this afternoon on the way home from school:

Ten (and nearly all of this conversation will be ALL Ten because he wouldn't let anyone else get a word in): Is that dog on a chain? Oh I hate when people chain their dogs. If I see one more dog chained up, I swear, I'm going to dogsdeservebetter.org like they said to do on Saturday morning cartoons' commercials. I mean, dogs should get the same respect as other animals. You know what? We kill and eat some animals. All animals deserve some respect--the same amount of respect that humans get. Some of the animals we eat, they were just minding their own business, not harming anyone, and we go around eating them.

Me: Like those chickens who became McNuggets?

Ten: *silence* Well, the chickens I don't really care about, because they ARE tasty.

Glad to know the kid has his priorities worked out.

No comments: