What were you doing 10 years ago?Living in our old house in Nashville, near Harding Place. Ten was only ten months old and had just learned to walk at Vacation Bible School. He still cried every time I tried to leave him in the nursery so I'd have to drag him around with me and some very nice teenagers who helped me with him. Singing in the choir. Listening to our neighbor's loud rap music every night. Hoping Dan would get the job at Linens N Things. (Obviously that worked out.)
Favorite Snacksrestaurant salsa and chips (and queso blanco)
Sonic diet cherry vanilla Coke
non-fat vanilla yogurt with Bear Naked granola, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
To Do ListI am a firm believer in the To Do list. I think it's important at the end of the day to look back with a sense of impending doom at all the stuff I was supposed to accomplish but didn't because I was playing around reading other people's blogs.
On today's list:
1) Find out how to get "Highly Qualified" status changed. Done. This has been the only easy part of renewing my license. I called the HR department and the nice lady there already has my paperwork printed. All I have to do is find her at the county-wide in-service for new teachers on August 4th and sign it. There will probably only be about five hundred people there so, no problem.
2) Call about getting the riding mower fixed.
3) Brush the dog. Done.
4) Call AT&T to find out why they overcharged me last month.
5) Continue checking the real estate websites every couple hours or so to make sure the house(s) I want haven't sold yet, thus driving myself to fret over things which are very much out of my control until my house sells.
Jobs I Have Had
Babysitter; Lifeguard; cashier/sales clerk at Lowe's, Baskin Robbins, Camelot Music, Lerner, and SteinMart; various communications jobs in college: camera operator, audio engineer, floor director, deejay, TV news reporter, radio news reporter, weather girl (official title "Wanda the Wonderful Weather Babe"--thank God it was radio); copier sales specialist; teacher (4th-6th grades); data entry operator; preschool pastor; preschool teacher; and, finally, fourth grade teacher again. And writing, of course, for which I don't get paid. Yet.
Places I Have LivedTennessee (Hendersonville, Martin, Gallatin, Nashville, Goodlettsville, Smyrna)
procrastination, worry, caffeine, eating too much, exercising too little, impatience
(These are the exact answers that BooMama put, but they apply so well to me that I didn't change a thing.)
5 Random Things People May Not Know About Me
2) My first concert was Rick Springfield when I was about fourteen. I went with my mom, who still perpetuates the rumor that I stood up and screamed "I LOVE YOU, RICK!" at the top of my teenaged lungs. I will neither confirm nor deny the veracity of her statement.
3) I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with office supplies. And storage/organization supplies. I love the Back to School sales events going on right now. Mmmm...Sharpies.
4) I was a vegetarian for three years until I got pregnant with Ten and started craving Happy Meals. I knew I was preggers with Seven when I bought summer sausage and smoked cheddar cheese at Kroger and ate it standing up at the kitchen counter before I even unloaded the rest of the groceries. Dan took one look at me scarfing down these foods (which I'd NEVER bought before--or since) and said, "Dude, you are so knocked up."
5) I break out into random show tunes at the drop of a hat. I love musicals. I wanted to marry Danny Zuko from Grease when I grew up. (And I did snag a Dan, didn't I?)
CDs I would want if stranded on an island
(See #5 above): Chess, My Fair Lady, Phantom of the Opera, Mama Mia, Oklahoma, The Boyfriend, Guys and Dolls, Grease, The Sound of Music, Me and My Girl, Les Miserables, even High School Musical. And, of course, my husband's CDs.
What I’d Do if I Were a BillionaireRelax.
Pay people to do all the things I hate doing so I'd have more time to do the things I enjoy. Take Dan to a tropical island getaway. Take my Mom to England. Get my kids their own computer so they'd stop asking me if I'm done with this one yet. Build Grace a new house with a pool and horses for her girls. Buy Dan a Fender Telecaster.
So, play along if you want to. Meanwhile, I'm going to let my kids get on the computer now.
***Well, duh. This is why I shouldn't listen to the news while posting. I just reread this post and realized I'd accidentally said Corpus Christi because I was thinking about the hurricane. I meant to say Cypress Gardens. Oops.