Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up

I've been going to professional development workshops all week long and I've met some of the nicest people in the world. I only got to meet two people who teach at my new school, but I've been "adopted" by some wonderful women at Howard Elementary. They are the coolest chicks ever! I learned lots of neat stuff and can't wait to try it out in my classroom. I even won a copy of the book written by the author of today's workshop. AND I have the opportunity to take part in a program for social studies which would end with a trip to Washington, D.C. next June. Oh, and did I mention that the trip is FREE?

Today after class I went to look at a few more houses. One we'd already seen and I want to move in tomorrow. One was awesome--right across the street from the lake. You can look out any window on the front of the house and see water!--and the rest were just so-so. As we were leaving the last house my realtor said, "So do you think you can fit this sign in your trunk?"

Me: Uh, what sign?

Him: The "Open House" sign.

Me: Oh! Are you having one of those?

Him: Yes.

Me: Okay, great! When?

Him: Sunday.

Me: Sunday? As in two days from now, Sunday?

Him: Yes, because next Sunday is a holiday weekend. Didn't I tell you ?

Me: ~

So, I'll be cleaning the house until it's super-duper shiny tomorrow because I have to teach Sunday school that morning. AND we have to go to a party for Dan's boss because she's leaving the company, so I'll have to clean very early tomorrow. Darn it, I was really hoping to sleep in Saturday morning after getting up at six every day this week--not that I'd be able to do that with two kids and a dog, but a girl can dream, right?-- but now I'll have to clean.

But at least someone will FINALLY be coming to see my house. At least they better! I think I'll assign Grace to stake-out duty so she can tell me who comes over. Pay no attention to the redhead across the street with the binoculars, folks!

1 comment:

princessapr said...

Hey! Too bad the trip is in June. RWA is in D.C. next year in JULY. Let me know when you're in town. We'll have to meet up if you have a little free time.

~ april