Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Girlfriends

Monday night I went out to eat with my First Grade Mommy friends: Shelly, Christy, and Marian. Our kids were in the same class two years in a row so we've gotten really close. Shelly was Seven's preschool teacher when he was two years old. Christy's daughter was also in preschool with Seven. Marian's son was in the Cinderella play with Seven and played Rooster to his Chicken Little in the first grade play. I LOVE these ladies. Moving away from them is going to be so hard.

We met at 6:30 and FINALLY tore ourselves away from each other at about 11:30 to go home. We talked and talked and talked the entire five hours and were still talking as we walked to our cars. Second grade won't be the same without them.

Then Tuesday night I talked on the phone with my critique partner, good friend, and know-it-all, Kathy for--I don't know--about an hour and a half? Two hours? When I say Kathy is a know-it-all, I don't mean that she acts like she knows everything. She really and truly does know EVERYTHING. Any subject I need information about, I can call or email her and within a few minutes she'll send me fifteen jillion links to sites with information about the topic. Good ones, not tangentially related garbage that I have to weed through to find anything useful. She's nothing short of amazing. I'm lucky to know her. And I won't have to leave her behind when I move because she already lives far away from me.

Then, tonight, I went for a walk with Grace and talked through all my house-hunting woes. Leaving her is going to be the hardest part about moving. I have to stop there because if I type any more about this I'm going to cry and short-circuit my keyboard.

I'm so lucky to have such great girlfriends in my life. If I can find friends in my new town who are half as great as these ladies...I'll be a lucky girl.

But even if I do make new friends, I'm going to be burning up some interstate miles to come visit my buddies down here. Count on it.

1 comment:

Shelly Conn said...

You know I love you bunches and will miss your colorful personality more than words can say. CLC will not be the same nor seeing you over @ the kids' school (ALWAYS helping out).
We will no doubt meet up for yacking and eating! I won't say bye, just see you soon! :) love you