Saturday, June 21, 2008

Total Time Sink

Because I Didn't Have Quite Enough Ways to Waste Time on my Computer Before...
I have become addicted to adding Pieces of Flair to my Facebook page. And the Facebook pages of everyone I know. I wonder if there's a twelve step program for it?

And more random thoughts for this Saturday afternoon...

Two songs I'm totally sick of because my kids sing them constantly after VBS: The Chocolate Milk song and The Campfire Song Song (no, I didn't type that twice accidentally). Have you heard these?
Yes? Then you feel my pain. No? Well here you go.

Forget the verses because the kids only know the chorus on this one. Just picture the huge sanctuary packed out with kids spelling out "I love chocolate milk." Seeing the words doesn't quite capture essence of the song:


Chorus:
I- (I) L-O-V-E- (L-O-V-E) C-H-O-C- (C-H-O-C) O-L-A-T-E- (O-L-A-T-E) M-I-L-K (M-I-L-K)

What does that say?

It says, I love chocolate milk...huh!

I love chocolate milk! I love chocolate milk!

And who could forget the ever-popular Campfire Song Song, as immortalized by that musical genius, SpongeBob SquarePants?

I think I'm going to scream if I hear them again.

I got my new e.l.f. makeup in the mail and it's just a sad testimony of my life that I was crazy excited about it. Unfortunately three of the pieces I ordered were missing. But I emailed them and I still have twelve new makeup-y girly things to play with.

I'm over the whole keep the house spotless just in case someone calls to see it thing. It'll never happen. We're never going to sell this place because there appears to be some kind of black hole over my neighborhood. Or maybe it's just my house. Must be some kind of Klingon cloaking device--it's invisible to buyers and their realtors. Or, because Murphy's Law is alive and well in my life, once the house is well and truly trashed again that's when someone will call. Maybe I should go vacuum.

Tonight my oldest child nearly died. By my hand. He bellowed from downstairs, "I'm hungry! Woman, come fix me some dinner!"

Oh. No. He. Di'int.
Oh yes, he did.

See, when his daddy says something like that as a joke, it's faintly amusing. When my ten-year-old says it, flames come shooting out of Mommy's ears. After sitting in time-out for about twenty minutes, he was really hungry. And very apologetic.

Garage sale finds this weekend--
Me: giant dog crate so I can get another dog when we move. Yes. I will.
My mom (purchased for me and stored at her house until we move): twin mattress and box springs for Ten's new bed. Stereo for one of the boys' rooms. Lots of books for my classroom. Clothes for me--new with tags. I know there's something else I'm forgetting. Why, yes, I am spoiled rotten. Thank you very much.

Okay, gotta go add more flair...






3 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

The chocolate milk song is really getting on my nerves too. :(
I am waiting on my e.l.f. makeup. It has shipped and I hope it will come tomorrow. I can't wait to get it!

Ryter said...

Wait till they get older. My 14 DS likes to make sound effects non-stop anywhere he is not wearing his ipod. Had a horrible time when I demanded silence during a 90 minute forced reading period every day last week. Heh.

Anonymous said...

Can't say I've ever heard of the Chocolate milk song, which I'm probably quite happy about. At the moment, I'm totally singing along to "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings. Really funky indie band... love the lyrics... "they call me hell, they call me Stacey, they call me her, they call me Jane. That's not my name, that's not my name. That's not my name, That's not my name"...

Sorry... LOL. It's addictive and cute.