In Which I Share Five Totally Unrelated Topics and pretend that I stayed on topic:
* You should go over to the American Title contest and vote for my friend, Trish Milburn, because her entry, OUT OF SIGHT, is just that. She's made it to the 4th round and there's a publishing contract at stake here...so vote with as many email addresses as you can.
* I didn't kill anybody ALL DAY LONG, for which I am immensely proud. Especially since I was dealing with university types who can't lower themselves to return phone calls to those of us peons who are trying to register for their classes. But I think I've found a way to circumvent them altogether, which makes me beyond gleeful. Approaching giddiness, even!
* Ten and his daddy were discussing World War II while reading THE DANGEROUS BOOK FOR BOYS. Ten said, "So, back then PawPaw fought against the Japanese and Ohio Grandpa fought against the Germans, right?" Dan nodded, then he told Ten about Italy and Mussolini. Ten was stunned. He said, "If Italy was our enemy, how come we have so much pizza?"
* I've got a weird sort of "nesting" thing going on right now. Since so many things in my life are up in the air and completely out of my control, I'm taking control of the little things I can manage. Like cleaning out the drawers and cabinets in my bathroom. Or the boys' closets. Hey, I may not be registered for the class which starts tomorrow (!!), but my linen closet looks fabulous. I'd show you a picture, but my computer and my camera aren't speaking to each other at the moment.
* I could really use a snow day tomorrow. I'm just sayin'. I could clean a lot of closets on a snow day.