Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting to Know You

This is one of those email things that get sent around several thousand times a year. I got this one from my mom today and, rather than send it out a thousand more times, I thought I'd just post it here. So next time I get that email I can SO copy and paste, baby.

In other words, I've got nothing to post today so I'm totally cheating. So sue me.

Welcome,

To the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends and family. What you are
supposed to do is copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it onto a new
e-mail that you'll send.

Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends
& family, including the person who sent it toyou.

The theory is that you will learn a LOT of little things about your friends &
family that you might not have known.



1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 AM

2. Diamonds or pearls? neither

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I have no idea--definitely a
kids movie.

4. Favorite TV show? Scrubs reruns are the only thing I ever watch--and that's
rare.

5. What do you usually eat for breakfast? coffee and a Fiber One bar

6. What kind of soap do you use? Bath & Body something

7. What is your middle name? Ann (thanks, Mom, for giving me a normal MIDDLE
name)

8. What food do you dislike? watermelon, cantaloupe, Brussels sprouts

9. What is your favorite CD? Dusty Springfield (best of) and any Beatles

10. What kind of car do you drive? 1999 Camry

11. What characteristics do you despise about people? stupidity, rudeness, just
plain meanness

12. Favorite item of clothing? pink cherry flannel PJs

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I'd
be in Acapulco RIGHT NOW with my brother in law and his wife. We were invited
but couldn't go.

15. Where would you retire to? anywhere with a cabana boy who understands the
importance of cold, salty margaritas

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? My 30th--when Dan threw me a
surprise party.

18. Furthest place you are sending this? Vegas

19. Who do you least expect to send this back? Debi--just 'cause everybody
else picked on her too

20. Person you expect to send it back first? ??

21. When is your birthday? May 5th

22. What is your favorite scent? Bath & Body brown sugar and fig

23. Are you a morning or night person? Both (and, OMG am I tired!)

24. What is your shoe size? 7 1/2

25. Pets? Lily (big dumb yellow lab/boxer mix) and Rocky (16 year old schizo
cat)

26. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I got nothing.

27. What did you want to be when you were little? Actress, professional
cheerleader, Jane Pauley, Olivia Newton-John

28. How are you today? stressed--my chronic state

29. What is your favorite candy? Reese's, Heath, Almond Joy, and all those
other things I can't have.

30. What is your favorite flower? Gerbera daisies

31. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? end of May--last
day of school

32. What church do you attend? Smyrna First Baptist

33. Favorite sandwich? veggies on whole wheat from Quizno's

34. What are you listening to right now? my dog howling downstairs because I'm
up here

35. What is the last thing you ate? peasant plate from Blue Coast Burrito
(black beans, guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, Spanish rice...YUM!)

36. Do you wish on stars? No

37. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple Mountain's Majesty
just because I like the name

38. How is the weather right now? Cold and sunny

39. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Mom

40. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes (she bought the clothes I'm
wearing today)

41. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke

42. Favorite restaurant? Blue Coast Burrito, Chili's, Minami (Japanese)

43. Hair color? well the box says Suede Brown, but it still keeps turning
reddish/brownish/ blondish, no matter what I use.

44. Siblings? one brother (and one parti-Pomeranian) HI IZZY!

45. Favorite time of the year? the first week of summer vacation when my kids
are excited to be home and haven't started saying, "I'm bored," yet.

46. What was your favorite toy as a child? the dollhouse my PawPaw built and Mom
decorated for me

47. Summer or winter? Summer

48. Hugs or kisses? Hugs

49. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate

50. Do you want your friends to email you back? Sure

51. When was the last time you cried? when Dan was mean to me because he was
grouchy and I was hormonal

52. What is under your bed? the boys' "treasure boxes" of school projects, two
yoga mats, a huge box of my friend Bev's books, an emergency fire ladder, and
one of those plywood tables with the legs that screw in and the round glass top
that goes with it

53. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Lee Ann

54. What did you do last night? read friends' blogs, packed the kids'
lunchboxes, fell asleep on the couch reading a book, woke up long enough to
brush my teeth, went back to sleep in the bed

55. Favorite room in your house? the living room because it's the only one that
stays clean because no one goes in there. Room where I spend the most time? the
bonus room upstairs

56. What are you afraid of? my kids getting lost in a crowd or left at school
or getting sick or, Oh--I have to stop because this is stressing me out.

57. Plain, buttered, or salted Popcorn? buttered and salted

58. How many keys on your key ring? four or five?

59. How many years at your current job? three

60. Favorite day of the week? Friday--kids are at school and I am not

61. How many towns have you lived in? Six I think

63. How many people will you be sending this to? I don't know


No comments: