Monday, January 7, 2008

Master of Sarcasm

You know how sometimes your kids say something and it's like you can see the words actually leave your own mouth, float across the room, and come out through your child's lips instead? Ten does this all the time. His teacher says of all the kids in her class he's the one that she can always tell when he's directly quoting his parents. And when she says "parents," she really means me. That's not always a good thing, as Ten has inherited his mother's gift of Sarcasm.

Hilarious, but not always appropriate.

His teachers have always said that he has a very mature sense of humor.
His second grade teacher used to say that he was her best audience. He just seems to get their jokes. A comment would fly over the heads of the other kids while Ten would crack up.

Yesterday we walked into the playroom as Seven was trying to get something off the shelf in the top of the closet. Ten looked at him, then me, then leaned back to watch his brother struggle. He crossed his arms over his chest and said, "Yeah, this isn't going to end well."

The kid cracks me up.

And speaking of cracking me up...we rented the DVD Underdog over the weekend. My new favorite movie line was spoken by Polly Purebred while fantasizing about a date with Underdog...

"Could you imagine me off leash with Underdog?
There's not a hose cold enough to break that up."

Luckily, Ten did NOT get that one.


1 comment:

Shoshana said...

LOL

I know what you mean...I gotta tone down me so I get replicated by the little ones.