Saturday, May 3, 2008

More Missed Photo Ops

So I missed another photo opportunity yesterday due to my broken camera. I went with Seven's class to the Discovery Center and wandered through the wetlands. You'll be happy to know that my snake streak is still alive. Every single time I go there I find a snake swimming along in the water and show it to the kids. It's freaky. Every field trip. Every time.

We had so much fun putting on our water boots and exploring the creek. We got to pet a corn snake and a box turtle. Seven's favorite part was inside the museum when he got to play with the water exhibit.

Then last night I was very happy my camera didn't work. Because I broke the kitchen sink.

We have a double sink (disposal on one side) and it was clogged on both sides. Both sides were full of water that would not drain. Usually I just get the plunger and clear it right up, but this time the water just kept going back and forth from one side to the other. So I got the pipe wrench, put a big mixing bowl underneath, and unscrewed the little U-shaped piece. I kept switching the bowl with another one and emptied them several times into the bathroom sink, climbing over the dog gate balancing a bowl full of water each time, until all the water drained out.

No problem. No clog. I got the snake (I have kind of a snake theme running today, don't I?) and ran it through the pipe to try to find a clog. Nothing. So I decided to put it all back together and hope for the best.

But when I tried to reattach the U-shaped pipe, the big long pipe beyond the U broke off into my hand and water gushed out all over the place. Meanwhile Dan's upstairs on the couch watching the weather forecast because we were under a tornado watch. I ran around grabbing towels and trying to quietly get his attention without yelling because the kids were in bed. But I couldn't leave the sink area because I had to keep switching the buckets/bowls and emptying them into the bathroom sink. After a few minutes I got tired of running the Bucket Brigade by myself. Finally I went upstairs and said, loudly, "I would GREATLY appreciate your help downstairs!!!!"

Dan walked into the kitchen and said, "What did you do?" and I said, "I broke the kitchen sink. What does it look like I did?"

Ten wandered in, awakened by all the commotion, and said, "Wow, Mom. What did you do to the sink?"

I glared at him. He said, "Oh, oooo-kay. Well, since I'm here can I have some bread? I'm starving."

I'm just glad my camera is broken so Dan couldn't take a picture of my lower half sticking out of the area under the sink.

I'm not sure if we have a wide angle lens.



1 comment:

Sanna said...

Oh dear. I am able to break the weirdest stuff, too. Don't worry. It's how it is and you can't change it.

Love and hugs, Sanna