Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Seven said...


My seven-year-old is a funny little guy. He loves to dress up in costumes and act goofy, like spinning a spider web. --------->

He's forever saying things that have me scrambling for pen and paper to write them down so I won't forget. Here's a small sampling from Sunday alone.


Seven: When I grow up I'm going to be a painter and an artist.

Me: Really.

Seven: Yep. I'm going to play music like The Beatles and I'm going to paint pictures of Jesus.

Me: Wow. Seriously? The Beatles and Jesus?
Seven: Yep. I'll paint pictures of Jesus in the manger, Jesus on the cross, and Jesus in that tomb where they buried him. And I'll start my paintings when I'm a teenager so I can have a job. And I'll paint them out in the workshop (our storage barn out back) so I won't get paint on the carpet.
Me: Sounds like you have it all planned out. How much will you charge for your paintings?
Seven: Oh, I'll give them away.

Me: But how will you make money?

Seven: I won't charge for the Jesus paintings because I think everybody should have Jesus in their house.



Seven: (while looking at a picture of an Egyptian mummy) Why did people in Egypt wrap their dead relatives in toilet paper?


Seven: (who was running around the house in sweatshirt and little white briefs) Mommy, I'm going to go outside to play.

Me: Okay, but you should probably put on pants first. It may be warm, but it's December. It's not THAT warm.

Seven: I'm already wearing a sweatshirt so I just need to put on pants with long sleeves.



The kids were playing out in the workshop and I looked outside to see Seven standing in the doorway with bare feet. So I opened the window and called out, "Why are you barefoot?"

Seven: (holding up his socks) Well, we're playing hide-and-seek and I didn't want (Ten) to find me so I took off my socks and placed them behind something so he'd think I was hiding there. Pretty clever, huh?


Seven came downstairs in a red sweatsuit with a belt and a Santa hat.
Seven: Hi, I'm Santa.
Me: Wow, Santa, you look a little different.
Seven: (putting his hands on his belly) Yeah, I shaved my beard and cut down on my sugar.

Then later, after another costume change, he ran into the room in a Santa hat, a big red clown nose, a red Superman cape, and his tiny white briefs, with his hands on his hips Super Hero style and announced...

"I AM CAPTAIN SANTA UNDERPANTS!"

He's so weird. Must get that from his father.

No comments: