Monday, December 24, 2007

The End of Monkey Fun

This post has nothing to do with Christmas, but it had to be done.

Ya'll know my family has a history of botching the lyrics of popular songs. Well last night Seven provided us with a new one. Dan, Seven, and I were singing The Beatles' song "Michelle" and we got to the French part of the song. For my culturally illiterate friends who aren't familiar with every single Beatles song, (Blasphemy!) it's the part that goes, "Sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble."

I was explaining this part to my child because I took two semesters of French in college. This enabled me to know how to say both "Where is the bathroom" and "Where is the cheese," so clearly I'm an expert in the language.

It was at this point that Seven said, "You know, when I first heard the French part I thought they were saying...(wait for it)...

"Someday monkey fun will end on Zon, will end on Zon."

Surprisingly, this fits. Poor monkeys. No more fun for them.

Oh Lord help us, it's contagious and Seven's got it too. Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

Baron. Ssn said...

ooh...!
great blog
nice story...
good luck...!