Friday, July 25, 2008

The Rainmaker

The entire town of Smyrna owes me a great big, scented thank you note on creamy white stationery today because I'm entirely responsible for the rain and the cooler temperatures which you're enjoying today.

You're welcome.

See, I went to WalMart and bought a couple of soaker hoses yesterday. I carefully unrolled them and wove them gently through the shrubs in front of my house. Remember the Otto Luyken Laurel bushes? The ones Dan and I had to plant this spring because I let them die last year because I never watered them? The ones that cost me a hundred dollars? Yep, those bushes.

So, naturally, after doing the right thing this year and steadfastly refusing to wait around for rain, it rained the very day after I took care of everything.

Just call me The Rainmaker.

You're welcome, Smyrna.

No comments: