Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

The best Mother's Day gift is when other people tell me how great my kids are. Here's what Nine's Sunday School teacher said when I picked him up after class today...
Her (stepping out into the hall to talk to me): I just have to tell you...he's such an unusual child.
Me (wary, because this doesn't sound like it's going to end well): Um, yeah. I know.
Her: No, I mean it. He has such humility. You just don't see humility like that in a child his age.
Me (perking up when I realize that she means unusual in a good way): Yeah! I know!

He also surprised her when he used one of last week's spelling words (incomprehensible) in a sentence. They were talking about the flooding and he said, "It's incomprehensible to me that our house was completely dry, but right across the street, our neighbor's basement was flooded."

My sweet Twelve held the door for me everywhere we went today. And I mean everywhere. Every door. I'm pretty sure he tried to hold the ladies' room door for me at one point. Then he said, "So I guess this should be called National Suck-up Day for me, huh?"

Then my sweet husband presented me with a gift certificate to Village Day Spa and a matching one for my mom so we could go together! How awesome is he? Can you say, Son-in-Law of the Year? He took the boys out to see Iron Man 2 so I could have a couple of hours of peace and quiet at home alone. Of course, I'll spend the entire time doing THEIR laundry, but it's a sweet thought.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mom or has a mom.

No comments: