Friday, January 1, 2010

New Decade?

Why does everyone keep saying we're starting a new decade? No we're not! The decade ENDS with 2010. Duh. A baby doesn't turn one until AFTER they've lived a year. They turn ten AFTER they've lived a decade. We don't start counting with zero and end with nine. That's always bugged me. Why is it that every single channel is showing a "Best of the Decade" look back? Why doesn't anyone in the math world call them on this?

Let's just hope the rest of the year doesn't continue in the matter in which it began--which would be with me lying on the couch, blowing my nose every five minutes, and trying to keep my antibiotics from making an encore appearance. Ugh.

If I don' t get these Christmas decorations down today, I'm going to have my man cubs drag everything up to the curb and dump it there. Seriously. It was all pretty at the beginning of December, but now I'm so sick of looking at it all that I could scream.

And Day One of the exercise plan is not kicking off quite the way I wanted. I don't even have the energy to take a shower, much less walk some miles, plural.

But we are starting a new year and, despite its less than auspicious beginning, I'm sure it's going to be wonderful. It's my last year to have a single-digit child. Because, see, he was born in 2000 and he won't turn ten until November, which is ten years after he was born. When the decade really ends. Okay, okay, I'll stop with that now. Anyway, here's to a great new year.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: