Friday, January 29, 2010

Moms Are Like That

I just had to yell at my youngest child because he was playing with the Wii near the space heater (AGAIN!!) and he knocked it over.

His big brother quietly propped it back up while I ranted about staying in the rectangular area between the couch and the TV and how I shouldn't have to keep telling him that and how if I've told him once I've told him a thousand times to stay away from the heater because it's dangerous and he could get burned and why can't he listen when I tell him something. You get the idea.

Then the dryer buzzed and I stormed off to empty it. Then I heard the following conversation:

Twelve: Are you...crying?
Nine: (sniff) No. (sniff)
Twelve: Sorry, man. She didn't mean to hurt your feelings. She just doesn't want her babies to get hurt. She wants you to be safe. Moms are like that.

Indeed we are.

No comments: