So, on with the hungry randomness...
Things I can't get done, even on a four-day weekend:
- paint the bedroom. Because it's too cold to open the windows for ventilation. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- Read all the books on my library holds list because, last weekend in a fit of depression and boredness, I put pretty much every book I've missed reading over the last five years on hold. And now they're all coming in at the same time.
- get all my papers graded. Okay, I really can and should do this one. But I don't want to.
- read both of the books I'm supposed to read for my history class at Vol State for my grant stipend. Mostly because, given the choice between reading about Jeffersonian era and Jacksonian era politics and hot, steamy romances, I'm going to choose the latter.
- play with my kids enough. Because they're a swirling vortex of needy "play-with-me-ness" and if I spent every waking moment playing games with them it still wouldn't be enough. For them.
- walk the dog. Um, hello? When they close schools due to COLDNESS, I'm not going outside. Except to go to dinner with my peeps.
- spend enough time with my husband. Ever.
- go to dinner with my girls tonight. YAY! Happy dance!
- (maybe) go to my writer's group meeting tomorrow (maybe)
- take Eight to his girlfriend's birthday party tomorrow so we can call her Eight also
- buy a gift for her before tomorrow (which requires something we rarely do at Casa de Princess: shop the pink aisles at Target)
- play a few hundred more games of Word Twist and Scramble
- (maybe) walk on the treadmill (big maybe)
- post lesson plans online for next week
- enjoy being in my own house for a few days