Monday, August 4, 2008

Not Dead Yet

Just to let you know, I've been pretty quiet on the blogfront this week but that's because I'm losing my mind at school. I finally got into my classroom late last night and tonight after an all-day in-service. I spent several hours sorting through about six years' worth of other teachers' stuff, trying to decide what I have to keep and what I can get rid of. I've looted through furniture and fixtures other teachers are getting rid of. I've made my list of things to buy, but I haven't been able to get a purchase order yet. Mostly I've been cleaning and sorting. Tomorrow night I'll move my own stuff into the room (after another all-day in-service). I'm so tired.

On a positive note, my dog survived her first night, all night, outside. She slept on the fenced patio at Grama's house. She wasn't too wild about the deer that came up into Grama's yard or being away from her people, but she did okay. She enjoyed a 5:30 am walk with me because I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. ARGH! Stress!

Mom took the kids shopping for their school supplies and is still speaking to me, so that's a good thing. She took the boys to the lake today and taught them to swim underwater. In one day. I've been trying to teach them since they were two years old. It may have had something to do with the fact that she threatened to drown them, but HEY at least it worked. Yay, Grama!

Oh, we had an open house Sunday and one couple came to see it, so that's better than none! We have a realtor's open house tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Pray for me to survive this week. Please.

Just to keep you busy while I'm tearing out my hair at school, I'll try to post some pictures I took last week. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mom of three said...

Teble, I've missed reading your posts...I check your blog EVERY day! I have SO missed your smiling face at CLC already. And, what are we going to do at Thurman Francis, now?! I hate that you are so stressed, but I know you are going to do an absolutely fantastic job! I'll be praying for you this week...both for your job and your house.
Love you!
Christi