Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dan

I survived my first full week of school. YAY! I have 25 kids in my class and they're very cute. I'm completely buried under all the planning and paper-grading and IEP following and agenda checking and computer problems and on and on and on, but it's going as well as can be expected. And in exactly one month I will FINALLY get paid for all this. Double YAY! It kind of stinks working for six weeks without a paycheck, but that just means the check will be really big when I finally get it.

We are home for the weekend and, as wonderful as Mom and Dad have been about us invading their house, it was SO nice to sleep in my own bed last night. At least it would've been if my husband hadn't consumed a gallon of sweet tea with dinner last night and got his caffeine buzz on and went all insomniac on me. But it's okay because it was his birthday dinner. I am married to an old man! We went to Logan's for dinner so Dan could get his favorite salmon. Seven told the waitress that it was Dan's birthday, but luckily she took pity on him and didn't stand on a chair and make the whole dining room yell Yeehaw! for him.

Since I'm going to be making "big girl money" again soon, we can almost afford to pay for movie tickets. Tomorrow we're going to take the boys to see Star Wars: The Clone Wars because there's nothing Dan wants to do more on his birthday weekend than pay to see a cartoon in the theater. Heh, heh.

Happy birthday, Love of my Life! Every day I'm glad that you asked me to be your wife and that I was smart enough to say yes. In the immortal words of Matthew Sweet, "We've got a good thing going, baby!" Best of all, no matter how old I get, you'll always be three and a half years older.

2 comments:

Pat Collier said...

Happy Birthday Dan!
I thik it went pretty well last week. The one I as worried about adjusting the most seem to do fine; Lily was a god girl all week. Izzy sure has missed her!
I married an even older man, for 1/2 the year he is 5 years older. He likes to remind me all the time he will have to work even longer just to pay my health insurance. Oh well, the price he has to pay for a "Trophy Wife"! Ya that is me, a trophy wife alright, I am so tired today I might even take a nap this afternoon. Hurry back "home" and remind the boys I have more yummy new things for them to taste. See you soon, drive safe, no yelling, did you put on new underwear in case you have a wreck on the way?, don't speed, .....isn't it fun living with your mom again!

Shelly Conn said...

Happy Birthday Dan! I'm glad you guys got to go out and celebrate.