Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it possible to expire from exhaustion?

Sorry for the absence from bloggy-land. I tried to post some pictures the other day from Mom's computer, but it didn't work and I gave up. I'm so TIRED!

Mom and Dad are wonderful about having us here. Since Dad goes to bed and gets up so early, he moved a bed out to his garage (The Man Cave) and gave us their bedroom. Mom is in my brother's old room and my kids are in my old room. Mom had done all of the cooking, laundry, shopping and everything this week. I don't know what I would have done without her. She has been taking the kids to school so I can go in early without making them hang out in my room all morning. She's picked them up so I can work late.

I worked ten hours today and I'm still so far behind. I could work twenty hours a day and not get everything done. There's just so much to do and learn and plan.


My dog is adjusting to being an outdoor puppy. She has a brick patio with a wrought iron fence and a grama who spoils her rotten. In just a few days my dog has fallen completely in love with Mom. She gets treats and walks several times a day and has almost learned to play with Izzy without crushing her. The only thing she doesn't like is the deer family that comes up out of the woods into Grama's yard each night. There's a mommy and daddy deer with a cute little fawn that Lily barks at like she's possessed.

On a sad note, our cat Rocky died. Dan gave her a bath yesterday and she didn't struggle at all. She was wheezing and seemed really weak. When Dan went to check on her this morning she was gone. Our antique cat has finally moved on to that great litter box in the sky. For the first time in sixteen and a half years we are catless. And we're going to stay that way. I'm allergic to cats and it's not fair to keep them outside with the crazy dog.
Hope all my friends at CLC are off to a good start with the school year. I'm sure that Ruth will be a wonderful director. I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Jody W. and Meankitty said...

Sounds like both moms in this arrangement need a spa day! Or at least a tasty treat.

Sorry about Rocky. The original Meankitty at Grandma's house might be traveling that same path today.

Jody W.

Shelly Conn said...

I have missed you at work this week. Ruthie and I have a great class though. We have been very lucky once again this year. I wish you were there.
I am so sorry about your cat. I know your going to miss Rocky.