Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Postal Surprise

When we where on vacation last week in Ohio, the boys and I went to a WalMart in New Boston, OH. As we were walking along near the cash registers, my twelve-year-old found a ten dollar bill. He immediately (without prompting from his mother) took it to the customer service desk to turn it in. They took his address and said that if no one claimed it, they would send it to him.

Well, I never thought we'd see that money. I figured one of the employees would pocket it. Shame on me for not having faith in my fellow man. Twelve got a letter in the mail today from that WalMart with a ten dollar bill and a note that said, "Thank you for your honesty. You were a very special customer to us. :-)"

Of course, now Twelve wants to go to WalMart to spend that money, so the company benefits too.

No comments: