Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A NO SNOW Snow Day

Well, yesterday's other shoe fell today--along with a bunch of sleet up in the hills of our county, so schools are closed. Naturally, because I was SO prepared this week. And because I had a mom scheduled to come help me. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the week trying to figure out how to get my reading centers caught up. But this, my friends, is a good problem to have.

There's not a drop of snow outside, so it's lucky I even bothered to check the news. Eleven and I just stared at the screen when they announced our county was closed. We looked at each other and I said, "Holy Cow! Are you kidding me?" Luckily I brought home my reading book so I can plan next week's literacy centers.

The kids and I are going to drink cocoa and help Grama put up her Christmas tree and just stay inside and be warm today. I was thinking about driving back to Smyrna to see my friends who still have school today, but it's awfully nice and toasty sitting here in my PJs. :-)

To my Rutherford County friends...na, na, na, na na! You ha-aave school.

:-) I'm so mature!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Congratulations, you lucky dog! We've done the inside-out snow dance TWO days in a row for nothing. Bri is getting pretty angry at the Snow Fairy right now.

Anonymous said...

No snow snow days are my favorite! Followed close behind by LOTS of snow snow days meaning no school for at least 2 days. Our school is already scheduled through the end of May though and any snow days will put us at school in June...so I would like to wait until January for snow days if that's possible.

I hope you enjoyed your day!

Ryter said...

Hee....I call my sister in South Carolina EVERY time we have a snow day in Michigan. Fortunately she has the good graces NOT to call me when they get out of school the first of May. LOL Enjoy!

Shelly Conn said...

I can't believe you guys were out for snow!!!! I'm glad you had a chance to just hang out at the house with your mom and little guys though. It's awesome to have a day off every now and then. :)

Shoshana said...

Snow? what snow? It's not winter yet, is it?