Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celebrity Scooper

If this whole Dan being out of a job thing lasts for a while, I may have a second career lined up for myself.


Tonight I got to revisit my high school working days. Our school had spirit night at Maggie Moo's as a fundraiser and I was a "Celebrity Scooper" for an hour.


I called upon my experience as a Baskin Robbins babe during my senior year of high school. Unfortunately those muscles haven't been used in twenty-one years and I will be so freakin' sore in the morning.


The place was totally packed with kids, parents, and a disgruntled bovine (an employee who clearly drew the short straw and had to come out in the Miss Maggie Moo costume). I had a great time and was genuinely surprised when my hour was up. The time had flown by!


And to top it all off (Get it? Toppings? Ice cream? I crack myself up!) I got to prepare my own free ice cream after my shift. Can you say espresso bean with Heath bar and caramel? I sure as heck can! YUM!

3 comments:

Pat Collier said...

Seems to me you forgot to mention something..... let's see what could it be....???? Maybe that your mommy made you a cow print vest to wear!

Shelly Conn said...

I bet you and the kids had a great time! :)

Teble said...

Oh, how could I forget to mention the cow vest? It would also work if we do another spirit night at Chick-Fil-A. Or for Halloween. Or if Dan ever wants to play cowboy and cowgirl. :-)